Battle of the Captains
- Both were Captains of the USS Enterprise
- Both can give bonuses to multiple ships
Which is the better card?
Just based on single card stats, Kirk has a built in Grebnedlog. He costs an additional energy point but is 3/2 instead of Picard’s 1/1. This added boost (or energy cost savings depending how you view it) is in line with other cards and not an advantage either way.
Kirk’s bonus of +3 Attack could help a maximum of two additional ships adjacent to his own. Played in the commander space on his own, it adds a total of +9 attack across 3 ships. Picard helps the maximum four ships with +1/+2, including the one he’s on. Picard’s bonus that is a potential +13 total points including the point from his card stats getting added either Attack or Defense to the ship he is on.
Kirk is certainly geared to be offense. Picard is a more defensive card. Kudos to the developers for working each captain’s personality into their card capabilities.
- Single card stats = Draw.
- Bonus Total = Edge Picard.
- Playability = Draw; Depends highly on configuration of the deck.
- Intangibles = Edge Kirk. He is more likely to kiss the alien.